Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Today I am 39.  It is truly hard to believe that I am almost 40.  I am not complaining.  I happen to believe that our age is just a number- the higher the better.  I do not fear getting older, I am just amazed that I have been around for 39 years!  I guess the last 8 have been the busiest.  Getting married to my hubby, buying and building houses, having babies, raising dogs.  But the most important thing that has happened to me in the past 8 years is that I found the Lord.  Or, as I usually put it, He had enough of me misbehaving and called out to me!  I decided that I am going to start looking at life as a series of Blessings.  Each thing that happens, everyone that we meet or come in contact with in the course of a day,  all of the small things, all of these are given to us by the Lord.  When you think about that- it's amazing!  I am reading One Thousand Blessings and it has inspired me to record blessings in my life as I see them.  The challenge is to write 1000.  So, as today is the day of my birth (albeit 39 years ago) I am going to start recording my blessings.    Here are some for today:

Breakfast made by my mother.  Not just breakfast, but egg in the hole!  
She loves me that much.

Time spent with my three favorite people under the age of 6.

Time spent alone to pray, and reflect- and organize.

Time tonight with my truly heaven sent husband.

Time spent with good friends.

Time

Looks like there's a theme????  I am so thankful for all of the special people in my life and the time that I have gotten to spend with them.  God is just so good.  I am feeling overwhelmed at all of the blessings He has given me this year.  I am thankful!

By the way, if you are looking for a life-changing book I recommend One Thousand Blessings.  I have not quite finished it yet, but it has already changed my outlook on the small things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment