This is a new recipe that I tried a few weeks back and LOVED! In fact, everyone loved it- even the girls! Plus, it was so easy. The hardest part of any stir fry is the chopping and gathering of ingredients.
Beef and Broccoli Stir- Fry
|Chop the broccoli|
|Cut the sirloin into thin strips. I bought this already cut. It happened to be on sale at Wegman's.|
|Make your rice. The recipe says boil in bag. I didn't have any. Details...at least I had rice!|
|Make the sauce.|
|Heat your skillet to super duper hot. Then throw in the sirloin. Let it sizzle for about two minutes and throw in the broccoli. Let it cook for about three minutes, then add the sauce.|
|Serve with rice. Sprinkle chopped green onions on top. Yummy!!!|
Here's the recipe:
- 2 (3 1/2-ounce) bags boil-in-bag long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut diagonally across grain into thin slices
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce) or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups prechopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
How to make it:
1. Cook rice according to directions.
2. While rice cooks, combine 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, and beef. Stir together 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, cornstarch, hoisin, and Sriracha.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup water; cook 1 minute. Add onions; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture and beef mixture; cook 2 minutes or until beef is thoroughly heated and sauce is slightly thick. Serve beef mixture over rice.