Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal

Two weekends ago, I found this recipe.  I made it, and it was sooooo yummy.  Not at all like traditional oatmeal, this is light and fluffy, probably due to the egg and baking powder:).  Try it this weekend!  It tastes just like a huge oatmeal cookie!  I suggest pouring milk over the top, but my daughters liked eating it just plain.  Next time, I will try chunky peanut butter.  You could also add raisins and lots of other things!  

Sure, it doesn't look like much, but it sure is yummy!

I added the strawberries.  



This recipe came from TidyMom.net.  Check out her blog- it has some great ideas!  Enjoy.



Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal

1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats 
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Peanut Butter


Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9×13 pan. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir well. Spread in to pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Serve with warm milk poured over top

1 comment:

  1. It does look yummy...maybe we'll try that this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete