Thursday, April 7, 2011

Burlap and Birdhouses

Two weekends ago, Mike and I went out to Lucketts to do some antiquing.  By the end of the day, Mike was picking up things and handing them to me because he said that he already knew I was going to pick them up.  They fell into these two categories: burlap and birdhouses, actually, anything having to do with birds.  So, when we were in Richmond imagine my delight when we stumbled upon this beautiful stall.


This small corner of beauty was designed by the super-talented gals from Through the Garden Gate antiques in Mechanicsville, Virginia.  She had burlap and birds all over the place!  I could have moved right in to the stall-except for the plumbing issues:)  But the item that put her display over the top was this:

These little beauties were everywhere in her space.  And they were adorable!  She wouldn't tell us what they were made out of- it kinda felt like an organic baby wipe????  But, they were sooooooo cute.  



I loved them!  Check out her site and if you ever find yourself in Mechanicsville, Virginia, look her up.  I can only imagine how beautiful her store is.  


1 comment: